Downloads are actively searched for. People love to peruse them looking for that good deal. The gold watch for a dollar, the free lunch, the mystery painting worth $40 million when it's cleaned up. They are like the bargin table at a garage sale.
Downloads fall into several classes. Each class should be handled differently.
- Program demos and shareware examples of your products and services.
- Support updates and patches for your product.
- Freebies used to entice and reward site visiters.
- Third party programs used in conjunction with your product.
- Promotional gimmicks and prizes.
- Plugins for special features on your website.
- Multi-media materials.
- eCatalogs for off-line browsing.